CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Irish Pony Club is a Voluntary Youth Organisation. It is the main equestrian organisation that provides training and competition for young people in Showjumping, Dressage, Eventing, Mounted Games, Combined Training, Hunter Trials, Tetrathlon, and other fun activities and Stable Management.
The Irish Pony Club endeavours to promote and encourage horsemanship, sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty in a safe and fun atmosphere, for all its members and volunteers. Currently the Irish Pony Club has 3,300 members in 35 branches throughout the Republic of Ireland.
We are currently recruiting for CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER who will strategically develop and manage the Irish Pony Club into its next stage. The Chief Executive Officer will report to the Board of Directors of The Irish Pony Club.
• Strategic planning and development of IPC to be the Youth equestrian training organisation of the highest standard
• Management and coordination of National IPC competitions
• Staff and Office Management experience, and knowledge of HR legislation
• Coordination of volunteers who are an essential and valued component of IPC
• Development of relationship with umbrella sporting bodies
• Management of Finances, Cash Flow, Budgeting, and Sponsors
• Responsibility for communications with members, volunteers, and wider public
• Experience as CEO in a charity or youth organisation desirable, but not necessary
• Ability to communicate well and manage staff and other related parties
• Have equestrian experience, and desirable to have knowledge of PC Competitions, and the workings of the Irish Pony Club
• Strong IT literacy, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Must have a ‘hands – on’ approach completing own Reports and communications, and ability to adjust quickly to changing circumstances
• The CEO must be prepared to be ‘hands-on’ with the running of IPC Championship competitions.
• Knowledge of GDPR issues within a youth organisation and experience in other youth sport organisation as a participant, parent or official would be desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience collaborating with various vested parties
• Business Qualifications and experience handling and being responsible for Finances of an organization.
Salary commensurate with experience
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae for consideration to