The Irish Pony Club is a Voluntary Youth Organisation. It is the main equestrian organisation that provides training and competition for young people in Showjumping, Dressage, Eventing, Mounted Games, Combined Training, Hunter Trials, Tetrathlon, and other fun activities and Stable Management.
The Irish Pony Club endeavours to promote and encourage horsemanship, sportsmanship,
the Irish Pony Club has 3,300 members in 35 branches throughout the Republic of Ireland.
We are currently recruiting for OPERATIONS MANAGER who will be responsible for the management and planning of all activities of the Irish Pony Club. The Operations Manager will report to the Board of Directors of The Irish Pony Club.
- Management and coordination of National IPC competitions
- Staff and Office Management experience, and knowledge of HR legislation
- Coordination of volunteers who are an essential and valued component of IPC, and management of Instructors Database
- Development of relationship with umbrella sporting bodies
- Management of Finances, Cash Flow, Budgeting, and Sponsors
- Responsibility for communications with members, volunteers, and wider public, via website and social media
- Experience in a previous management role, co-ordinating staff with organisation objectives
- Ability to communicate well and manage staff and other related parties
- Have equestrian experience, and desirable to have knowledge of PC Competitions, and the workings of the Irish Pony Club
- Strong IT literacy, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Must have a ‘hands – on’ approach completing own Reports and communications, and ability to adjust quickly to changing circumstances
- The Operations Manager must be prepared to be central ‘Go To’ coordinator with the running of IPC Championship competitions.
- Knowledge of GDPR issues within a youth organisation and experience in other youth sport organisation as a participant, parent or official would be desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience collaborating with various vested parties
- This position requires the Operations Manager to be present in the office in Urlingford
- Business Qualifications and experience handling and being responsible for Finances of an organization.
Salary commensurate with experience
Please send your CV for consideration to