The Irish Pony Club are delighted to announce details for a “Fun Musical Ride Competition for Irish Pony Club Branches”.
Branches are invited to take part in this fun competition over the coming weeks of August and September. This will be a virtual competition. Branches who are interested in participating must prepare and choreograph a musical ride display and submit their final entry to the Irish Pony Club office.
- Branches must register their intention to submit an entry with the Irish Pony Club online on the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page before Friday 21st August. (www.itsplainsailing.com/club/ipc).
- The entry fee for the ride will be €30 in total, payable by the Branch online, through the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page, when the Branch is ready to submit their entry.
- Branches will also be asked to submit a title for their ride and a brief written description, detailing for example the choice of music, the inspiration for the ride etc. This information will be submitted online through the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page when the Branch submits the competition fees.
- The closing date for entries and the submission of videos will be Wednesday 30th September 2020.
- Exact details for submitting the videos will be distributed to the Branches who have registered their interest in participating.
- (N.B. Please do not e-mail videos directly to the Irish Pony Club. The video sizes will be too large for the e-mails to handle them. An alternative method is being prepared for this purpose.)
- Carefully read all of the guidelines regarding the Musical Ride Display below to understand the competition rules.
- The Musical Ride Display entries will be judged by Irish Pony Club members.
- The videos and descriptions will be published on the Irish Pony Club Facebook page at the beginning of October.
- Irish Pony Club members will be able to mark the entries for team work and artistic impression, using an online form. All details for this section of the competition will be published and advertised closer to the date.
- N.B. Members will not be allowed to judge their own Branch. If they do, these marks won’t be included!
- Rosettes will be awarded for first, second and third place rides.
This is an opportunity for members to have fun, riding to music, improving their riding accuracy!
Competition Rules and Criteria for Entry
Please follow the guidelines below when putting together the Musical Ride Display:
- Any person in the arena must be a current member of the Irish Pony Club.
- All riders must be over 6 years of age on the 1st of January of the current year.
- Minimum of 6 riders, maximum of 20 riders in the ride.
- Hats and footwear must comply with the current Dressage Tack sheet.
- Any normal tack and riding bit are permitted.
- The arena will be a maximum of 30m x 60m and a minimum of 20 x 40m.
- Display Duration
- The duration of the display within the arena should be no longer than 8 minutes.
- In addition to this time one minute may be added for entry and one minute for exit. A total of 10 minutes.
- Music is permitted throughout the full time.
- Outside assistance
- Voice, bell, whistle, signal, etc is not permitted.
- Props are not permitted within the arena.
- Video your musical ride from 'C' i.e. where the judge would be located in a dressage arena.
- Film in landscape mode, with the sound on.
- Please do not 'zoom' in unless the ride is at the far end of the arena.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic chance to encourage team work and creativity within your Branch.