Nominations are now open for the 2019 Junior Tetrathlon and Minimus Irish Squads. Branches are asked to nominate members who may be interested in training and preparing for trials for possible selection to an Irish Squad.
Nominees must display the qualities necessary to be an Irish Pony Club Ambassador. Training will be given in all four disciplines and each member who participates in the training and trials will be assessed for team selection.
Specific dates for squad training will be published on the Irish Pony Club website in February.
Senior Tetrathlon Squad training for 2019 is open to ALL members of the Irish Pony Club who would like to participate in training and trials for possible selection to the Irish Squad. All members are welcome to attend training, whether they are new to the sport or have multiple years of experience. Training will be provided in all four disciplines.
Senior Tetrahletes selected for the Irish Squad in 2019 will compete at the Senior Regional 100 competition which will take place in Kelso, Scotland over the August Bank Holiday weekend. This will be the major competition in which Senior Tetrathletes on the Irish Squad will compete, during 2019.
Minimus and Tetrathlon Dates for 2019
- UK Junior Regional Tetrathlon – 1st and 2nd June 2019
- UK Minimus Regional Competition – 9th and 10th June 2019
- Irish Pony Club Minimus Championships – 15th and 16th June 2019
- Senior Regional 100 in Kelso, Scotland – 3rd and 4th August 2019
- UK Tetrathlon Championships – 9th, 10th and 11th August 2019
- Irish Pony Club Tetrathlon Championships – 24th and 25th August 2019