The IPC Eventing Committee have been monitoring the One Day Eventing Qualifiers over recent weeks. As a result, the committee has made the following decision regarding Qualification for the 2018 Connolly’s RED Mills Eventing Championships:
- Anyone with less than the qualifying standard may apply to enter the Eventing Championships by e-mailing the Chairman of Eventing – Marina Brennan and stating the reasons why they did not achieve the standard this year. Each application will be examined on an individual basis and a decision will be made directly. No application will be accepted or looked at until the final One Day Event Qualifier has taken place. Further details regarding this process will be posted in due course.
- For the full details regarding the qualification criteria, please see the Eventing Rule Book located on the Downloads page of the IPC website under Rule Books.
- Some points to note include:
- All qualifying competitions must have taken place in the current year with the exception of the previous years Eventing Championship.
- The same combination of horse and rider must qualify at both events.
- One Cross-Country round must be completed clear of penalties and the other with not more than 20 penalties.
- If you wish to use the previous years Eventing Championships as part of your qualification, then the cross country round must have been completed clear of penalties.