The Tetrathlon Committee of the Irish Pony Club are delighted to announce that entries for the Irish Pony Club National Triathlon Final have now OPENED on the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page.
Click on the following link to proceed directly to the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page to process your entry for the competition.
Note: Competitors for this competition will enter directly on the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page.
The closing date for entering the National Triathlon Final is Friday 6th March 2020 at 12 noon.
All registered Irish Pony Club members are welcome to enter this competition. There are three classes:
- Senior Triathlon – Boys and Girls (Entry Fee - €21)
- Junior Triathlon – Boys and Girls (Entry Fee - €21)
- Minimus Biathlon – Boys and Girls (Entry Fee - €16)
- (Fledglings, under 10 on the 1st of January will be included within the Minimus Biathlon competition.)
The National Triathlon Final will be held on Sunday 15th March in Athy. The following venues will be used in Athy:
- Swimming Phase – K Leisure Athy, Greenhills, Athy, Co. Kildare.
- Shooting Phase – Ardscoil na Tríonóide, Rathstewart, Athy, Co. Kildare. R14 DK12
- Running Phase – TBC
- The swimming phase will begin at approximately 7.10am with Senior Boys followed by Senior Girls, Junior Boys, Junior Girls, Minimus Boys and Minimus Girls. The first warm up will take place at 7am approximately.
- Competitors should arrive 30 mins before their warm up time. Swim times and warm-up times will be posted on the IPC website.
- The shooting phase will begin at approximately 9.10am with the Senior Boys followed by Senior Girls, Junior Boys and Junior Girls.
- The running phase will begin at approximately 11.30am with the Minimus Boys and Girls followed at 1pm by the Seniors and Juniors.
- All competitors must be at the running venue at least 15 minutes before the start of running phase. Details of the venue will be advertised when they are finalised.
- The prizegiving will be held in the shooting hall at Ardscoil na Tríonóide.
- Note: These times are provisional and are subject to changes. A final timetable and schedule will be published before the competition.
Before completing the entry form for this competition, please ensure that you have all of the information that you will require to enter hand. This will include:
- The competitors membership number
- Their expected swim lenghts and metres
- Their gun information
If you are note sure of any of the details listed above, contact your Branch to confirm the details. Also, ask your Branch for the following gun information:
- The Gun Abbreviation Number from Its Plain Sailing
- The Gun Make
- The Gun Model and Serial Number
- The Name of the Person Responsible for the Gun.