Irish Pony Club Online Supplementary Register Open for Applications
The Irish Pony Club Online Supplementary Instructor's Register is now open for applications for 2020. All of the documents and information that you may need for joining the 2020 Instructor's Register is available on the Instructors Page of the Irish Pony Club website.
Benefits of Joining the Irish Pony Club Instructor's Register
- Become a fully accredited Irish Pony Club Instructor.
- Enhance your reputation.
- Simplify the process of Instructor Selection for Irish Pony Club Branches.
- Your contact details will be published in the online edition of the Irish Pony Club Instructor’s Register.
- Receive notification throughout the year of all IPC / HSI Instructor Training.
- Receive a copy of the Irish Pony Club Who’s Who which includes:
- Current Tack Sheets
- IPC Medical Plan and Minimum Standards of Medical Cover for IPC Events.
The Criteria for Inclusion in the Irish Pony Club Instructor’s Register
Instructors who wish to be published on the Irish Pony Club Instructor’s Register must complete and fulfil the following criteria:
- Approval of the qualification, skill and experience of the applicant by the IPC Training Committee.
- Letter of acceptance from the Garda Vetting Bureau.
- Garda Vetting must be renewed every 5 years.
- Signed a Data Processor Agreement between themselves and the Irish Pony Club.
- Under current GDPR legislation every Instructor must have signed this document and submitted it to the Irish Pony Club office.
- If you have not completed this agreement, please download the form from the downloads page of the Irish Pony Club website – www.irishponyclub.ie.
- Certificate of attendance at a Sport Ireland, Safeguarding 1 Course.
- Safeguarding 1 must be refreshed every 3 years.
- Those who have already completed the Safeguarding 1 workshop and wish to refresh the course may do so using the E-learning portal on the Sport Ireland website - https://elearning.sportireland.ie/login/index.php.
- Alternatively, you may attend the Safeguarding 1 workshop again.
- Up-to-date First Aid Certificate.
- Attendance at Instructor Training organised by one of the following:
- The Pony Club, Irish Pony Club, HSI, BHS or FEI affiliates.
- 2 CPD points must be attained each year.
- All IPC Instructors should ensure that they sign in on the Official IPC Instructors Sign In Sheet at all Training Days and Evenings hosted by the Irish Pony Club to guarantee that their CPD points are recorded.
- If you are not sure whether the training qualifies for Irish Pony Club CPD points, please contact the IPC office in advance of the training to verify whether points will be awarded.
- Payment of €20 fee for Inclusion on the Register.
Please Note: It is the responsibility of the Instructor to send a copy of their certificate of attendance at training to the IPC Office.
Irish Pony Club Instructor’s Register Registration Steps
New Instructor’s Register Applicants:
First time, new applicants for inclusion on the IPC Instructor’s Register must:
- Download and complete the Instructor’s Register Application form from the Irish Pony Club website, including all of the details of your equestrian qualifications – www.irishponyclub.ie/index.php/education/instructors-page
- Send references from two District Commissioners of IPC branches.
- Send references from two IPC Instructors listed on the A, H, B List.
- Send a copy of a certificate of attendance at a Sport Ireland Safeguarding 1 Course.
- Send a copy of a certificate of attendance at a First Aid course.
- Satisfactorily complete the Garda Vetting Application Form.
- Sign and submit the Irish Pony Club Data Processor Agreement.
- Sign the Leaders/Instructor’s Code of Conduct.
- Send €20 to cover Administration costs.
For this you will receive notification of all IPC/HSI Instructor Training throughout the year & a copy of the IPC Year Book and Who’s Who.
Renewing Instructors Register Applicants:
Previously registered Instructors and Examiners:
- May renew their registration and pay the €20 registration fee online through the following link – www.itsplainsailing.com/club/ipc
- Must keep up-to-date by attending Instructor / Coach training provided by one of the following; The Pony Club, Irish Pony Club, HSI, BHS or FEI affiliates Irish Pony Club/HSI Training.
- Must keep their First Aid up to date.
- Send €20 to IPC office annually with any change of contact details.
- Obtain 2 CPD credits annually.
Instructors Upgrading on the Irish Pony Club Instructors Register:
Instructors who wish to upgrade their level:
- Must download the application form from the Irish Pony Club website – www.irishponyclub.ie/education/instructors-page
- Must observe 3 Tests in the grade to which you wish to upgrade.
- Submit recommendations from 2 Senior Examiners.
- Must attend an IPC Training day/evening (at least one per year).
- Must fulfil all other Instructors Register criteria and submit the €20 Instructors Register administration fee for the year, if you have not already done so.
In return, those who pay the registration fee will receive:
- Notification of all IPC/HSI Instructor Training throughout the year.
- A copy of the IPC Year Book and Who’s Who (includes current tack sheets, IPC Health & Safety Statement, IPC Medical Plan, Minimum Standards of Medical Cover at IPC events, IPC Accident Report Form, Concussion Rule & Advice Form, Death & Serious Injury Procedure, Social Media Policy.