Good luck to the Irish Minimus Team Competing at the Mini Regional Tetrathlon in Kelso
This weekend a team of eighteen Irish Pony Club Minimus athletes will travel to Kelso to compete in the Mini Regional Tetrathlon on Saturday and Sunday 9th and 10th of June. The Irish Pony Club would like to wish the team and their trainers the very best of luck at this weekends competition.
It has been a very busy few weeks for this team of Mini's. The eighteen team members have trained diligently over the last few months to prepare for this competition. Many squad members had no experience in shooting, prior to their selection for the Irish Squad. Therefore, they have worked extremely hard to learn how to shoot correctly. The standard of competition is very high in England at this level. The Irish team will compete against teams from Scotland, Nothern Ireland and from across the regions of England. Some of the English Mini's for example, competed at the Junior Tetrathlon Competition in Moreton Morrell last weekend.
The team of eight boy and eight girls will travel to Kelso on Friday and competition will begin on Saturday with the Shooting and Swimming Phases. The Cross Country Riding and Running Phase will take place on Sunday 10th. In 2017, both the Irish Girls and Boys teams won their respective competitions and this year they are hoping to repeat their success.
Not only, have all eighteen members been training with the Irish Squad but they have also competed at the various Minimus Training Days across the country in preparation for the Holmestead Saddlery National Minimus Championships. Consequently, when they return from this competition on Monday the 11th, these members will jump straight into preparation with their Branches for the National Minimus Championships and they will also represent the Irish Pony Club in the Invitational Minimus Competition during the Minimus Championships, competing against teams from Scotland and Northern Ireland.
We hope that everyone travelling to the UK has a great weekend and a safe trip. The friendships that you will make during this journey will last a lifetime. Enjoy every moment and good luck from all in the Irish Pony Club.
- Michael Hussey, Galway Mid County Branch,
- Andrew Hensen, South Westmeath Hunt Branch,
- Jed Collins, Ward Union Branch,
- Daniel McNamara, Co. Clare Branch,
- Adam Hutchinson, Warrington Branch,
- Josh Hassett, Co. Clare Branch,
- Jack Minehan, Nenagh Branch,
- Seán Alfred, Co. Limerick Hunt Branch
- Sarah Kehoe, Carlow Hunt Branch,
- Ruth Fogarty, Carlow Hunt Branch,
- Lucy Martin, East Galway Hunt Branch,
- Aisling Marriott, Bray Hunt Branch,
- Anna White, Kildare Hunt Branch,
- Caoimhe Keegan, Ward Union Branch,
- Isabella Gogan, Meath Hunt Branch,
- Robbyn Fitzgerald, Golden Vale Hunt Branch