Musical Ride Rules
- There should be between 4 and 20 members in a Musical Ride.
- All riders should be over 6 years of age on 1st January of the current year.
- Any person in the arena must be a current member of the Irish Pony Club.
- Dress – hat and footwear to comply with current Dressage Tack sheet.
- Tack - any normal tack and riding bit is permitted.
- The arena will be a maximum of 30m x 60m and a minimum of 20 x 40 m.
- The duration of the display within the arena should be no longer than 8 minutes,
- 1 minute to enter and 1 minute to exit. Music is permitted throughout the full time.
- Outside assistance – voice, bell, whistle, signal, etc is not permitted.
- There should be no physical props within the arena, e.g. a small jump.
- No persons, other than judges, may be closer to the arena than 10 m.
The object of the competition is to provide an entertaining spectacle for both competitors and spectators.
The competition will be marked according to the score sheet (see separate document).
There will be a safety tack check for the team at the collecting ring before they enter the arena. This will not contribute to the overall team score.
In the event of a tie, the ride with the higher artistic marks shall take the higher placing.