Guidelines for the 2018 Mounted Games Trials
The 2018 trials will take place at the Sand Arena, Punchestown Racecourse, on Sunday, January 21st and Sunday, January 28th.
Sunday February 4th is the alternative date if either of the previous dates has to be cancelled.
Entry fee is €75.00 of which €50.00 will be deducted from the cost of the trip.
Entries must be made to Frank Whelan before January 15th, and signed by the Branch D.C. A letter will also be required from the D.C. and parent stating that the size of the Pony and weight of the rider conforms to the rules as follows:
- Dressed to compete a rider weighing over 54kg, may not ride a pony 128cm or under.
- A rider weighing 60kg may not ride a pony 133cm or under and
- A rider weighing 66kg may not ride a pony 138cm or under.
- If a team Member changes to a different pony during the competition or training the same weight/height rules apply.
Before training starts parents will be asked to commit to attending training sessions and anyone who misses two or more sessions (without good reason) will be dropped from the team at the discretion of the Chief Steward.
Entry fees must be paid on the first day of trials.
The pony that a rider presents on the first day of trials must be used throughout the trials, training and travelling period. If it becomes necessary to change a pony it can only be done at the discretion of the Chief Steward. If a player or pony gets injured during the trials their placing will be at the discretion of the selectors.
The selectors are : Chris Ahearne, Conor O’Leary and Paul Flood.
Please note the following when preparing for and taking part in the trials as the points below will be important when the Trainers are making the final decisions. All points having equal merit.
- Ability to vault.
- Ability to correct a mistake quickly and accurately.
- Ability to achieve pace and speed but also to check or pull up.
- Ability of pony and rider to give a pass.
- Ability of pony and rider to take a pass.
- Ability to play technical games correctly.
- Temperament and attitude of pony and rider
- Consideration is given to the complementary attributes of all 5 riders and ponies to the overall team as a unit.
- All players who attend trials will be given the best possible chance to show their abilities.
Cost of Trips
- Windsor €1700.00
- Bath & West €1300.00
- Scotland & England €300.00
- PAYMENT MUST BE MADE TO IPC OFFICE THE WEEK AFTER FINAL SELECTION.