The Kingdom Branch of the Irish Pony Club would like to invite ALL Irish Pony Club Members to their End of Year Show at Woodlands, Faha, Killarney, Co. Kerry on Sunday 30th December 2017. The warm up and show arena are all under one roof with heated seated area, coffee shop, ample parking and stabling.
Our show is about fun and inclusion, with classes from cross poles to 1meter, a mixed team competition and fun novelty classes.
All Pony Club rules will apply but U12s can wear their branch sweaters instead of Show jackets. (body protectors and approved head gear are of course mandatory).
- Class 1: Newcomers/ Cross poles recommended D test level or below
- Class 2: 60/70cm, recommended D/ D+
- Class 3: 80cm recommended for D+ or C level
- Class 4:90cm Recommended C/ C+ level
- Class 5:1m Recommended C level and above
- Class 6: Mixed Team Competition, all levels
- Class 7: Accumulator, all levels
- Class 8: Relay, all levels
- Class 1 to 5 First entry €15, subsequent entries €10
- Class 6 to 8 entry €10
- Any pony can only enter and jump in 3 classes max (not including the team competition).
- The recommended levels are in the spirit of fair play and should be taken as such!
- 1st place 6pts
- 2nd place 5pts
- 3rd place 4 pts
- 4th place 3pts
- Double clear unplaced 2pts
In case the event of a tie, there will be a jump off over an 80cm short track to be jumped by two nominated riders from each team (can be either junior or senior rider). Fastest cumulative clear rounds win (we will add the scores of both riders doing the jump-off for each team)!
When declaring, please state:
Name of team and each rider’s name, age, test level, pony’s name and which class counts. No need to pre -pay, but please only enter if you are really coming!
Name of team: Team Kerrygold
Rider 1 James, 8yo, no test and Cola, newcomer
Rider 2 Clare, 11yo, D+ test and Flower, 70cm
Rider 3 Eric, 12yo, D+ and Blunt, 80cm
Rider 4 Sophie, 18, C test and Kojak, 90cm
Each of these riders could jump in several classes but these declared classes are the ones that will count. No changing to suit! This is why we need teams declared before the jumping starts.
Any declared class must be in the recommended range of the rider ability. Any over 12 riders must declare their higher entry (Ie: if entering both 90cm and 1m, they must declare the 1m class for the team). This is in the spirit of fair play.
We have great prizes for all classes and wonderful rugs for the winning team, so come and join the fun!
We will also hold the draw for our annual fundraising raffle, top prize of a Show jump! Tickets for sale with Kingdom members and also online with https://www.itsplainsailing.com/club/tkpc/events
If you can’t join us on the day, you might like to support us this way and be in with a chance of some great prizes. The full list will be published on our website very soon.
Merry Christmas to you all!
The Kingdom Branch of IPC