Holmestead Saddlery Minimus Championships - Entries Now OPEN
The 2018 Holmestead Saddlery Minimus Championships will take place on Saturday and Sunday, 16th and 17th June at Punchestown, Co. Kildare.
Entries for the 2018 Championships are now OPEN through your Branches Its Plain Sailing page. In order to help you with your entries and to provide all the details for the event, we have prepared this detailed article.
Entry Criteria for the Holmestead Saddlery Minimus Championships
- IPC Members wishing to compete in the Minimus Championships must be under 12 years on 1st Jan 2018.
- Entries must be submitted by the Branch to the IPC before the official IPC closing date of midnight on Wednesday 6th June (after Bank Holiday Monday).
- Branches may set a Branch Closing Date prior to the official closing date in order to give their DC's and trainers time to set up the teams and check that all of the entries are correct before they submit the Branch entry to the IPC office.
- Branches must pay the Office either via banking online or post a cheque for €46 per entry, made payable to: Irish Pony Club, Main Street, Urlingford, Via Thurles, Co. Kilkenny to REACH THE OFFICE BY Tuesday June 12th.
- DCs must ensure all competitors are capable of riding a cross country course built to a maximum height of 80 cm. and the combination of pony and rider have cross country competition experience and are capable of swimming 1 length of the pool.
- Only siblings may share ponies. No pony may be used more than twice over the cross-country course. Ponies which are to be shared must be noted on the entry form using *.
- A member may compete only once in this competition.
- Competitors/Trainers must adhere to the times and numbers given for swimming and running. No Trainers or parents allowed on the deck at the swimming pool.
- All ponies must be vaccinated for flu/tetanus – passports will be checked on entry to Punchestown Racecourse. Ponies must be entered with their Passport name.
Rules for Team Entry:
- DCs should enter their competitors under 12 yrs. in teams of 3 or 4, boys or girls or mixed teams in whatever combinations they wish.
- Minimus will be scored as one competition i.e. teams made up of any combination of boys and girls.
- Where a branch has only one or two competitors, they should enter their individuals and where possible mixed branch teams will be made up by the Chairman of Tetrathlon and HQ.
- Team rosettes will be awarded from 1 to 20 places.
- DCs and / or Minimus Trainers should take care when making their entries in relation to Swim lengths expected: Please note the number of lengths expected in a 25 metre pool in the column that says Lengths Expected. Also, please enter the additional meters the member is expected to swim in the meters column. e.g. 3 lengths and 10 meters:
- Do not enter 3 lengths and 10 metres as 85 metres.
Stabling – at Punchestown Racecourse, to be booked by parents on the Kildare Hunt Branch Online Booking page see below:
- Strict vaccination protocol will be enforced. NO HORSE OR PONY WILL BE ADMITTED TO PUNCHESTOWN STABLES WITHOUT CORRECT RACING YARD COMPLIANT VACCINATIONS. See attached detail of requirements. DCs are asked to check each member’s passport to ensure their recorded vaccinations are correct.
- Stabling cost €40 whether for one night or two nights.
Camping onsite is allowed. Kildare Hunt Branch will attempt to group branches in areas together but booking for camping is essential, this includes branches who are not staying onsite but who plan to erect a tent for daytime use.
- There will be a €15 (per tent / per lorry / per camper van) non-refundable deposit for camping at Punchestown.
- PARENTS, MEMBERS & SUPPORTERS MUST TAKE HOME THEIR RUBBISH. Please leave the designated camping are clean. No corralling of ponies at campsite. No ponies allowed in camping area. Parking for those arriving for the day only, will be separate from those camping.
No children allowed ride bicycles in Punchestown.
- Camping must be booked through the Kildare Hunt Branch Its Plain Sailing page: https://www.itsplainsailing.com/club/khpc
Registration at the IPC Secretary's office/marquee at Punchestown Racecourse. Branch Representative must collect competition numbers on Friday afternoon between 3pm and 6.30pm or for those who will be riding late on Saturday please collect on Saturday. morning.
Cross Country Riding will be on Saturday 16th June in numerical order, at 1- minute intervals, at Punchestown Racecourse starting with at 10 a.m.
- Tack inspection 9.30 a.m. Members wear riding hat and body protector according to IPC Cross Country Tack Sheet 2018.
- Please note that drop down or hunting stirrups are allowed.
- Medical armbands must be worn with current membership card included.
- Those sharing will be allowed to go out of order but sharing must be noted on entry form.
- Any competitor who is receiving ‘first communion’ or confirmation on the day will be accommodated out of order but must note this also on the entry forms.
- Cross country course will be open for inspection from 2 pm on Friday 15th until 9pm.
- Parents and Trainers are asked to ensure that children do not climb on fences or adjust them in any way when walking the course.
- Course walking while the competition is in progress (10am Sat) is not allowed for safety reasons. Trainers and parents may walk the perimeter of the course but must not walk close up to fences while the competition is in progress. It will be possible to course walk from 8:00 am until 10 am on Sat. morning.
Swimming at Athy Swimming pool (K Leisure) for directions follow the link below: https://www.google.ie/maps/place/K+Leisureemail@example.com,-6.9869181,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x302dbd588343840f!8m2!3d52.9946106!4d-6.9869181
- Earliest warm-up times 7:45 a.m. on Sunday 17th June. Competitors should arrive 30 mins to one hour before their warm up time. Swim times and warm-up times will be posted on the IPC website on Wed. 14th June.
Running will be at Punchestown Racecourse on Sunday at 2 pm approx.
- Electronic microchip timing equipment will be used.
- The running course will be open for inspection from 5:00pm to 7:00pm on Saturday evening and from 1:00pm on Sunday.
- It is essential that competitors walk their running course so they know the route.
- All competitors must be in the field at least 15 minutes before the start of running phase.
- Competitors will be started in their teams of 4 – i.e. all 4 (or 3) members of a team will start together and will be run in strict numerical order.
Best Branch Camp: A prize will be awarded for the Best Branch Camp at the Holmestead Saddlery Minimus Championships in Punchestown. The prize will be awarded to the camp which creates the most organised, unique, distinctive and interesting impression. Showcase your Branch and be in with a chance of winning a great prize at the Minimus Championships this year.